Ideal applicants will have a strong body of work with a voice that reflects the artist’s own community; a dedication to place, and an interest in participating in a contemporary dialogue. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and career levels, media and practice.
- Residency periods must occur in ten night blocks between April and September
- Artists will stay at one of three lodging sites: Matfield Station, The Volland Store, or Konza Prairie Biological Station
- During the residency period, each artist will give a public presentation of their choosing at a location proximal to their lodging site. (Details TBD on a case-by-case basis)
- Artists will be required to participate in a group exhibition October – November, 2018 at the Bank Art Space in Matfield Green, KS.
- Artists will be encouraged to participate in the Tallgrass Symposium at the Marianna Kistler Beach Museum of Art on October 13, 2018 (view artist talks from 2016 and 2017). This Symposium is held in conjunction with the opening of the group exhibition at the Bank Art Space.
- Artists will be provided ten nights of free lodging at one of our three partner sites. (Please click on the links above to learn more about each location and its amenities)
- Artists may be granted special access at the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve
- Each artist will receive a stipend of $300-400 for travel and material reimbursement.
- Artists will be invited to stay, as a group, for two nights in Matfield Green during closing events, October 13, 2018.
- Reimbursements will be available for shipping artwork to and from group exhibition.